ANNUAL SPECIAL EVENTS
- Rally Day - Early September
- Deacons’ Fall Luncheon - October 10, 2010 immediately following morning worship in the Neff Chapel Dining Area
- Harvest Home Dinner -- Saturday, October 16, 2010, in Neff Chapel. Reservations required.
- Heritage Sunday -- October 31, 2010, when we worship at Old Scots Meeting Ground at 11 a.m. and then return to Neff Chapel for a luncheon of home-made stew and simple desserts
- Community Thanksgiving Eve Service -- November 24, 2010 -- A joint worship service of the following area churches: Englishtown First Presbyterian Church, St. Thomas Lutheran Church, St. Thomas More Roman Catholic Church, and Old Tennent Presbyterian Church. All four congregations participate in the worship leadership. The service is held at each of the churches on a rotational basis. The offering at this service -- both canned food and money -- goes to support Samaritan Center Food Pantry, which serves the Manalapan, Englishtown, Marlboro and Millstone area.
- Hanging of the Greens -- November 28, 2010, immediately following morning worship, as we decorate the sanctuary for the Advent and Christmas seasons
- Christmas Eve -- 7:30 PM -- Christmas Eve service (especially designed to be "child-friendly")
- Christmas Eve -- 11:00 PM -- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
- Ash Wednesday Service -- March 9, 2011, at 7 p.m. Includes the option of coming forward to receive the ashes
- Maundy Thursday Service, April 21, 2011, at 7 p.m. in Old Scots Hall. Includes a simple meal and a time of worship with communion, all while seated together around the table.
- Good Friday Service, April 22, 2011, at 7 p.m. A solemn service of readings, meditation, and silence, focused on the willingness of Jesus to suffer and die that all humanity might have real life
- Easter Sunrise Service, April 24, 2011, at 6:30 a.m. Outdoor service at the foot of the hill to the east of the sanctuary. This service is followed by breakfast in Neff Chapel
- Participation in "A Weekend in Old Monmouth," sponsored by the Monmouth County Historical Commission, when all historical sites in Monmouth County are open for visitors. In 2011, the dates are Saturday, April 30, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, May 1, 12 noon to 5:00 p.m. In addition to having our own tour guides available, we will offer handouts on the church's history and items for purchase.
- Deacons' Spring Brunch -- generally the Sunday after Mother's Day, immediately following morning worship, in Neff Chapel
- Memorial Tree Planting -- either May 22 or 29, 2010, when, during Sunday School time, we plant a tree on the grounds in memory of members/friends who have died in the past year
- All-Church Picnic -- a Sunday in Late June, immediaately following morning worship, outside (weather permitting). The church provides hotdogs and hamburgers and the congregation brings the rest of the food for a time of fellowship as we eat, visit, and play games together
- Vacation Bible School -- please contact the church office after May 15 for complete information